Helloooo! Welcome to MY PAGE! My own little chunk of the World Wide Web. It's very exciting.
My career started while in college at a little Top 40 station in Clare, Michigan (the Gateway to the North). Not only was I a weekend DJ, but I was also the station janitor. No kidding! I did what was needed to break into the biz, even if it included scrubbing toilets.
After Clare, it was on to Saginaw, Michigan, a decade in Kalamazoo (yes, there really is...), north to Grand Rapids, and then south to Greenville, where I'm excited to take over afternoons on MY 102.5!!!
I met the love of my life in Kalamazoo at a wine festival. Kelcey told me on that first night: "You'll never meet a girl in Kalamazoo." Apparently not... that night! But I won her over with my charm, wit, and a great deal of wine. We married in September of 2001. She's my best friend.
Born: Troy, Michigan
Wife: Kelcey Carlson, anchor/reporter WRAL-TV
Pets: Dog- Phil Stubbs!
Kids: Two! Charlie, born in 2007, and Kellen, born in 2011
Go for it, Scout.... DOH!
Here they are guys... most you already know... add any more in the comments below:
1. She’s a list person. Because isn't it much better to write down everything that needs to get done instead of keeping it all in your head?
2. She has to do all the dishes before she goes to bed. Who wants to wake up to a dirty kitchen?
3. She gets dressed up to go out to dinner. Even if it's at the local watering hole. Because if you look good, you feel good.
4. She has a side of the bed. And she's been sleeping on it since she was a kid. Don't even try to get her to switch.
5. She has a lot of shoes. Or necklaces or purses. Whatever it is, women are collectors.
6. She doesn’t want you to comment when she gains weight -- just when she’s lost it.
7. She's a planner because there's always something to do. Laundry, bills, grocery shopping. If you want her company three weeks from yesterday, you need to ask her in advance.
8. Being on time is the rule not the exception. If you're late, it shows her that you don't respect her time.
9. Women pass gas. Yes, they do. It's one of the bodily functions they share with the rest of humanity.
10. When they say no, they mean no. By trying to change their minds, you make 'em plant their feet deeper in to the ground. And get mad.
8 in 10 dads say they always wanted to be dads.
For moms -- 7 out of 10.
Dad loves you more. Have a good day.