Helloooo! Welcome to MY PAGE! My own little chunk of the World Wide Web. It's very exciting.
My career started while in college at a little Top 40 station in Clare, Michigan (the Gateway to the North). Not only was I a weekend DJ, but I was also the station janitor. No kidding! I did what was needed to break into the biz, even if it included scrubbing toilets.
After Clare, it was on to Saginaw, Michigan, a decade in Kalamazoo (yes, there really is...), north to Grand Rapids, and then south to Greenville, where I'm excited to take over afternoons on MY 102.5!!!
I met the love of my life in Kalamazoo at a wine festival. Kelcey told me on that first night: "You'll never meet a girl in Kalamazoo." Apparently not... that night! But I won her over with my charm, wit, and a great deal of wine. We married in September of 2001. She's my best friend.
Born: Troy, Michigan
Wife: Kelcey Carlson, anchor/reporter WRAL-TV
Pets: Dog- Phil Stubbs!
Kids: Two! Charlie, born in 2007, and Kellen, born in 2011
Job interview coming up? The online legal website Rocket Lawyer put together a list of questions that are not allowed to be asked in your next job interview.
• Where’s your accent from?
• Can we take your picture to include with your application?
• Do you prefer Ms., Mrs. or Miss?
• Are you married? What does your husband do?
• How tall are you?
• Are you Muslim? How often do you pray during business hours?
• How many kids do you have? How old are they? Do you plan to have more children?
• Do you think our receptionist is attractive?
• Do you make a habit of accusing employers of sexual assault/discrimination?
• You smell like alcohol, have you been drinking?
• Are you religious?
• Have you ever been arrested?
• Have you ever received workers' compensation?
• Where do you go to church?
Question is... have you ever been asked any of these questions? If so, did you answer, or did you remind them that they aren't allowed to bring that up? It seems that would cross you off the list... what was the CRAZIEST interview question you were ever asked? Let me know here...