Helloooo! Welcome to MY PAGE! My own little chunk of the World Wide Web. It's very exciting.
My career started while in college at a little Top 40 station in Clare, Michigan (the Gateway to the North). Not only was I a weekend DJ, but I was also the station janitor. No kidding! I did what was needed to break into the biz, even if it included scrubbing toilets.
After Clare, it was on to Saginaw, Michigan, a decade in Kalamazoo (yes, there really is...), north to Grand Rapids, and then south to Greenville, where I'm excited to take over afternoons on MY 102.5!!!
I met the love of my life in Kalamazoo at a wine festival. Kelcey told me on that first night: "You'll never meet a girl in Kalamazoo." Apparently not... that night! But I won her over with my charm, wit, and a great deal of wine. We married in September of 2001. She's my best friend.
Born: Troy, Michigan
Wife: Kelcey Carlson, anchor/reporter WRAL-TV
Pets: Dog- Phil Stubbs!
Kids: Two! Charlie, born in 2007, and Kellen, born in 2011
If money can't buy happiness, then why do we get so excited when we find $10 in our pocket? According to a new survey, there's nothing that will boost your day more than that!
A survey of Brits discovered the 10 'little successes' that provide us with the greatest moments of happiness.
1. Discovering money you didn’t know you in an old coat – 59%
2. Winning a competition you forgot you entered – 46%
3. Getting a refund or rebate you didn’t know was due – 41%
4. Saving money on household bills – 31%
5. Finding a winning lottery ticket – 28%
6. Going to the till at the shops and realising your item has been marked down – 26%
7. Losing 1/2lb – 18%
8. Finding money in a supermarket automated till – 13%
9. Not having a hangover after a big night out – 5%
10. Getting a seat on the train into work – 3%
I finally set my Christmas tree on fire...don't you do the same? Wow, I can't believe I this in my house just a few weeks ago... yikes!